When Is Getting a New System the Right Call?
One of the most popular questions we receive from our customers is if they should fix their current system or just have an entirely new system installed. We all like to save money, but sometimes we have to look at the big picture. Repairing an old and almost extinct AC system can often cost more than buying a brand new one in the long-run, and that’s the complete opposite of saving money. We recommend upgrading to a new system when the following conditions exist.
• Fixing the current system will cost more than half of the value of your current system.
• Your AC system is more than 15 years old.
• Your cooling unit requires constant and frequent repairs
• Your current system is no longer meeting your cooling needs
As efficient as air conditioning systems appeared to be ten years ago, today’s air conditioning systems are built with technology features that can provide you with more comfort while saving even more energy than ever before. Upgrading your AC system can provide you with several benefits, which include:
• Tax incentives and rebates that can offset the costs
• Lower energy bills
• Reduced carbon emissions
• High SEER ratings
• Variable speed motors
• Advanced technology features, such as zoned cooling and smart thermostats
Many customers discover that the cost of the new systems almost immediately pays for itself just in energy savings alone. If you’re ready to learn more about how easy and efficiently you can cool your home, contact our company for a quick consultation.